What is Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are inspiring and bring sunshine into the lives of their readers and fellow bloggers.
Thank you, Joyce from localgirlforeignland. I have never really blogged before this, unless you count my homework blogs as a teacher (now former teacher, current grad student).
- What is your favourite holiday or festival?
My favorite… it is too hard to choose I think. One of my favorite experiences recently is Sangwacha: サングヮチャー festival. One of my all-time favorite general type of festivals are the summer matsuri that happen in Japan during mid-July through August.
- Why? (Q1)
Sangwacha is a true local festival, and being able to see something steeped in history, that truly represented the Ryukuan people and culture was amazing. It gave me a chance to bond with locals, and see something that most Americans simply do not take the time or effort to participate in.
Summer matsuri are just simply fun, and something to anticipate during the hot, sweltering summer months. To dress up in jinbei or yukata, walk along the festival grounds, eat matsuri foods (and drink beer ^.^), watch the fireworks… it embraces the feeling of summer, somehow. Again, plenty of culture and tradition, with the sounds of eisa in the air, drums, chanting, singing, dancing, 獅子舞 shishi-mai (lion dance), the colorful yukata… I could go on.
- What motivates you to continue writing?
I only started writing to keep track of things I have learned, food I have eaten, places I have visited, and events/holidays/festivals/culture I have experienced while living in Okinawa. I never considered actually writing for other people, and am constantly surprised to see that people have even visited my site. I think that is kinda cool, if someone can learn something or be helped by something they see on my site. Though I do not expect it to become popular, because I think I mostly just jot down sort of normal, everyday things. I do not really go on grand adventures, .
- What style of blog theme do you hate?
The only blog theme I dislike are the ones where the pictures are the background and the text overtop is too difficult to read. Otherwise I like too many themes, since it shows people individuality.
- If WordPress.com allows a new plug-in, what will you want it to be?
A new plug-in… hmm. I just started using WordPress recently and have not really thought much about this. Perhaps one that allows better photo management, since I am an organizational mess.
Who to nominate? I really don’t know… I just started this blog as a way to organize my random thoughts and things I have learned since living in Okinawa, to make it easier to reference. I never really considered it blogging, and hadn’t really checked out many other users yet. I suppose I need to do this. Then I can update. So someday. Probably not soon, as I am too disorganized.
My Questions, for when I (eventually) update.
- Where is your favorite place you have traveled?
- Why (question 1)?
- What is an interesting food or dish you have enjoyed recently?
- If I visit where you live now, what food would you recommend I try?
- Where is somewhere you recommend someone to travel to at least once in their lifetime? (and why)
- Thank the person that nominated you
- Answer the questions from the person that nominated you
- Nominate some other bloggers for this award
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated